Name:
Location: India

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Two Down, Two More To Go...

Two weeks in Australia, and I’m exhausted. Work this time is super-hectic and chaotic. What doesn’t help is that my client is so distracted by the soccer matches on right now, that he forgets to work sometimes. But, well, I guess we all have our eccentricities.

This time I’ve been working late almost everyday, and sometimes, weekends as well, which means no more walks by the river, and no sandy beaches to explore. But before you start feeling sorry for me, I should mention that it hasn’t been all bad. There has been a little time for play.

On Saturday last, I went to this place called Eumundi. It’s a small, sleepy little town, except on Wednesdays and Saturdays. That’s when they have a huge local market, with lots and lots of little stalls, selling things that have been made, grown, sewn or designed there. It was a lot of fun…esp. the food stalls. They had all sorts of crazy concoctions that were fun to try and buy. Breakfast at the market was so enormous, it lasted me till dinner-time. Farm people obviously have large appetites! They also had bands and solo musicians every few meters…so you could pass a couple of guys yodelling, turn a corner and see a band playing instrumental music, complete with a didgeridoo player! It was a fascinating experience.

Then on Sunday, I went to this place called Underwater World, which is what I like to call an “Oceanarium.” It was like a huge Aquarium, except that you were inside it, and the fish outside. What I mean is that it was a large tunnel with glass walls and roofs; and you could see fish (and sharks) swimming all around you. The sharks were real beauties. But that’s not all they had to offer. They have different shows, like Otter shows, and Seal shows, which are lots of fun, and informative too.

So that’s been my two weeks so far; more as it happens!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Sounds interesting!
Enjoy!

1:41 AM  
Blogger Pj said...

Wow! Eumundi seems a nice place...is it like you found a hang out zone where U can coveniently get lost in the crowd n street side musicians-say my Hi to 'em!
Ocean water oooooooooooo did U get to see any Dolphins? feel like I should do some net surfing to find out how saline n clean the water is n how beautiful the plce is or may be U can tell me...! And yeah your client seems to be a gud chap havin fun...surfing and all Damn his priorities in life are just right:D Bring some sea shells:)

n yeah do not crush yourself in work, give it a reasonable deal and that's it!

TC

8:54 PM  
Blogger Mojo said...

Hey Wonderstorm...it is pretty interesting. Exploration is fun.

Pooja, Eumundi is pretty nice, its like a firang version of Surajkund Mela or something like that. Good fun. Didn't see any dolphins in the oceanarium, they didn't have any. Salinity of water I cant tell you about, cuz I haven't swum in the sea. Will bring you back some sea shells :)

12:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two more gone...what next Mojo?

4:04 AM  
Blogger Mojo said...

hey Sachin. I am back now....I know its been longer than the promised two weeks, but I hope my next post makes up for it :)
I've got enough corals and sea shells to go around; come and get them.
I'm glad you liked the post...looking forward to seeing what you think of the next one.

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

U ignored my comment (Boohoo...)

:)

4:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I check your new stuff on a regular basis. Your humoristic
style is awesome, keep it up!

Also visit my page: medi-weightloss clinics

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home