Name:
Location: India

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Touch and Go

So I’m back now, and have been here since the past ten days. In all the hustle-bustle and hurry-scurry, there was hardly any time to do anything, and I’ve now finally been able to take some time out and write this.
Australia was a great experience, there’s no doubt about that. But like they say, there’s no place like home. It feels wonderful to be back, in familiar surroundings and in my comfort zone. Also, I’m beginning to see my domestic help with new eyes, and appreciate all they do…having done it all myself for the first time ever! Like my client says teasingly, my eyes assume a panicked look when I have to consider living without them waiting on me. Though that’s an exaggeration, I certainly like my creature comforts and appreciate having help.
I took a little time to get down to the business of living here again: in fact, for the first week, I roamed around without a single rupee on me. I was walking the streets with dollars in my bag and looking for restaurants and shops that would accept plastic money. And of course, in typical style, now that I have rupees on me, it’s almost time to return to Australia and the dollars.
Now it’s almost time to go back, and I’m thinking of it with mixed feelings. A part of me is excited while another part of me is dragging her feet. But I have to admit, there is more excitement than anything else, primarily because I plan to travel a little more this time; maybe stay back for a couple of weeks after the project is over and take a little holiday.
Lets hope this time will be a little less business and a little more pleasure :)

5 Comments:

Blogger illusions said...

Do come again :)

5:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...Good luck! ya I do wish you get more time this time to enjoy yourselves more than u did last time...

5:09 AM  
Blogger ± said...

i want a holiday :-(

1:24 AM  
Blogger Pj said...

creature comforts-nice word...my "to do" list contains things ranging from XYZ to buying bread and both R equally important...(can't carry on with more words posting it though!)

2:56 AM  
Blogger Pj said...

write a new one son o Oz

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home