Name:
Location: India

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Just the Beginning...

So the decision I took to quit my job was the right one; I always knew it deep inside, but unfortunately there had been no validation so far. Now, however, validation has come. It has come in the form of an assignment that is going to allow me to hold an entire course, and steer the path of its development almost single-handedly. It is also an assignment which is sending me abroad for two months (starting next month beginning), to work with an extremely difficult client first-hand. Now that’s opportunity to prove one’s mettle. It is also opportunity to fall flat on one’s face and prove one’s incompetence. It’s about how you choose to look at it, and I choose to look at the positive side of things.
It’s an opportunity, no doubt, but it comes with its own set of apprehensions….about going abroad and working in a different culture, about being all alone, about having to manage daily things that were never an issue at home, and about making sure that you perform adequately as well. Well, I guess I’ll never know unless I try, right? So I’m going to hop on to that plane, with all my fingers crossed, and faith in my heart.
Watch this space for the highs and lows….in short for updates :)

9 Comments:

Blogger Pj said...

You have already proved yourself. Taking that decision was right and will remain right independent of this assignment. This opportunity is a new turn where you come with your tools and sharpen them by good use.
Don carry extra baggage dear..u have driven across the previous lap, look at the sharp turn around the new block. Good luk!

10:32 PM  
Blogger Mojo said...

Thanks sweetie...its good to know that you believe. I'll remember not to carry extra baggage, both literally and figuratively :)

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Insiyah!
All the best and zoom to Australia!
You'll rock anywhere!

Wishing you lots of luck n success!

1:53 AM  
Blogger NoHiddenDepths said...

Hey Insi,
Congrats and Godspeed!
Who knows? you could end up meeting Tenti.. :o)

9:39 AM  
Blogger Mojo said...

Oh yea....she's in Australia, right? Any idea which part of Australia?

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well babe! May I know if

"Oh yea....she's in Australia, right? Any idea which part of Australia?"

supposed to be a sarcastic comment?

Are u in Australia or something I concluded without confirming properly?

1:02 AM  
Blogger Mojo said...

No, that wasn't a sarci comment. I actually wanted to know which part of Australia she was in, since I'm going to be in Brisbane.
And I'm still here, leaving in roughly 10 days from now

12:28 PM  
Blogger Manasi said...

Great going Insi.. Wish you all the very best :-) Will be waiting for your updates, your experiences :-)

2:06 AM  
Blogger Srinivas said...

All the best.. you have a wonderful attitude and you will achieve what you want to.. get some chocolates when u get back..

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home