Name:
Location: India

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Little things

So I’ve been having this particular experience repeatedly over the span of the past 2-3 days. I’ve been doing nothing different from what I usually do but there was a difference in the way I saw things and felt about them. I now realize that I was acutely aware of all the little things. I wasn’t concentrating on the larger picture as much as the details. And hey…here’s the thing…I liked it!
On Friday I went for a party. Since it was raining, I got a little wet in the rain. And I didn’t feel irritated as I usually do if it rains on me before a party. On the contrary, I enjoyed the feel of the raindrops on my face and hair. On the same day I was taken to eat some chaat. Chaat…I’ve been so caught up with the kebabs and biryanis that I’d actually forgotten how good it feels to stand by a chaat thela in wet weather and munch on some super-spicy aaloo tikki.
On Saturday I went back to the same place I go every Saturday- Turquoise Cottage. And here’s the thing: I didn’t have a blast as I expected to. It felt very run of the mill, and didn’t excite me like it used to. I left pretty soon and called it a night. The next day I went out to lunch with a friend, and we went to a sandwich joint, where I saw a rack full of postcards. And that just made me so happy. I went and stood there, browsing through them, picking out the ones I wanted and scattering the rest on the table. After having picked up the ones I wanted and returning the ones I didn’t back to their rack, I went and sat with my friend, feeling extremely pleased with myself. Some of those postcards now adorn my workstation; and serve to make me happy when I look at them.
I believe I’ve been living the details since the past few days, and it feels pretty good. Does that explain my recent craving for a glass of chai from a dhaba?

5 Comments:

Blogger Mojo said...

Revelation or passing phase? Time will tell :)

2:29 AM  
Blogger Manasi said...

The little things in life is what makes our days spicey and worth living...
I realised that when one of my friends wished me with a rose when I won an inter-school debate competition... everyone else wishes you on birthdays or some big occassions, but its these small gestures that make your day...I also realise that i most enjoy jumping into the muddy water puddles in the rain, i love to feel the raindrops on my face, i love the smell of the mud, i love the morning sound from the cuckoo and alot more that rings through my life each minute...

3:23 AM  
Blogger illusions said...

A little variety is always good. Go to a Dhaba and have that chai. If you really want to be adventurous, then go to the Manikaran Gurdwara and try the chai there...trust me you'll have more than a cuppa!

3:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about Bangla Sahib at our very own CP? You don't get tea there, but the ghee ka halwa they give is awesome.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Mojo said...

I have been really curious about Bangla Sahib. More than the halwa, the langar is what I wanna try!

2:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home